Frequently Asked Questions
- We already have a membership data base, a website, a newsletter and volunteers willing to do the work, why should we hire you instead?
- What can we expect at our complimentary advisory meeting?
- Our sailing association is not based in Michigan, is the distance a problem?
Not in the slightest. We believe that the only good reason to travel is to race sailboats. We leverage the power of the Internet to minimize expenses and maximize communication.
- Are you insured? What assurance do we have with you accepting money on our sailing group’s behalf?
We are insured and can be bonded if your organization deems it necessary. We have handled other peoples’ money for over 25 years and never had a claim or even an accusation that funds were mishandled. We’re very proud of that. We treat other peoples’ money better than we treat our own.
- What are the costs for your services and when do you expect payment for them?
We charge both by the project and by the hour, depending on the type of work we do. The Solutions page has all the details.
- We just need a design for the NOR and T-shirt for our event, will your company do this? How long does it take?
Our company can design a logo for your event that can be used for your NOR, T shirts and other promotional materials. Obviously, more complex designs will cost more, but we are sensitive to tight event budgets. We’ll work with you to make it happen.
- Can you come make a presentation at our annual meeting? Do you charge for this?
Depending on our schedule (we’re pretty busy people – Matt’s already booked for most weekends in the summer), we will make every effort to attend and there is no charge.
- Once our contract is complete, how long until you get started?
We’ll get started right away – usually the same day. Some assignments take considerable planning, so you may not see anything immediately, but rest assured, we’re working on it!
Have you ever had a problem with the newsletter being sent out late? Do members complain about their memberships “being lost” or trouble signing up? How often does your website get updated? Does your web site look like it was designed in 1995? We can help with all of that – at a price that won’t break your bank account.
We’ll ask lots of questions about your organization to determine your wants and needs. Together, we’ll develop a plan that suits your budget and your organization.